Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mina Update

Training update: Mina is now off the longe!!!! I didn't get any photos, but next time, I'll be sure to post them. She was great and stood perfectly still at the mounting block while I got myself in order. After that, she just walked around one step at a time at a snail's pace, very careful about what she did. Thanks to our longeing work and work on long-lines, she steers, stops, and actually reaches for the bit already. We've been working classically on the longe for a while, and I added long-lining to get her steering in order before I even got on her back.
Mina was so happy after her ride. She had the biggest smile in her eyes, and she nuzzled me all over. She loves to work, and I think she has been mentally ready for this day for much longer than I realized. I have a feeling she will be at the gate tomorrow, waiting to come out and play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment